Should/Shouldn´t have


Should and Shouldn't - Use 
We use should and shouldn't to give advice or to talk about what we think is right or wrong.
You should means something like I think it is a good idea for you to do it.
You shouldn't means something like I think it is a bad idea for you to do it.
Should is used to express the opinion of a speaker and often follows I thinkor I don't think.


Examples
     You look tired. I think you should take a few days off.

     Alice works very long hours. She should to talk to her boss.

     - I have an English test tomorrow.
     - I shouldn't worry if I were you. You have worked really hard.

     - I never have enough money.
     
- I don't think you should go out so much.
Should - Quick Grammar Note
To give advice to someone you can also say:
  • I should do it if I were you.
  • I shouldn't be so rude, if I were you.
When you regret not doing something in the past, you can say:
  • I shouldn't have spoken to him like that.
  • I should have apologized earlier.

Exercise. Chose should or shouldn't.
Principio del formulario
  1. You _____________be so selfish. 
  2. I don't think you ______________smoke so much. 
  3. You _________________exercise more. 
  4. I think you _______________try to speak to her. 
  5. You are overweight. You ___________go on a diet. 
  6. Where _______________we park our car? 
  7. You ____________never speak to your mother like this. 
  8. The kids _________________spend so much time in front of the TV. 
  9. _______________I tell her the truth or should I say nothing? 
  10. I think we ________________reserve our holiday in advance.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

GRAMMAR: infinitive clauses with impersonal it

REPEATED AND DOUBLE COMPARATIVES

So, such, too, enough